Poor Pluto.
So pluto's not a planet anymore. Now all the textbooks will have to be rewritten, and we'll need to come up with new memory gimmicks. Neptune's the farthest planet from the sun and Mercury's the smallest? *shudder* Yeah. Keep redefining everything, will ya?
Ah... I remember when we first learned about the planets. There was a memory gimmick that the teacher taught us: My very excellent mother just sent us nine presents. So now what'll it be? Cut off the "presents"?

*snicker* Just had to do that. (Poor Saturn's confused. She's so light she can float on water. Did you know that? See, now you're educated.)
Anyway.
So school started. The classes are looking okay so far, but the workload is quite obviously gonna be heavier than last year. But yeah. I'm still kinda working things out a bit, and still sorta out of it in the AF fandom, but I'll be back once I've recuperated. *nods* (Recuperation! XD)
Started reading Ptolemy's Gate. W00t! It's helping me pass the time as I await TLC.
Edit Addy: I just saw this on Mugglenet. Hilarious
Another Addy: This article is hilarious. Please note that you'll need a NYT account. PLUTO PWNS!!! XD http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/23/opinion/23kreider.html?ex=1157601600&en=7422d7cdf4a541a7&ei=5070
Ah... I remember when we first learned about the planets. There was a memory gimmick that the teacher taught us: My very excellent mother just sent us nine presents. So now what'll it be? Cut off the "presents"?

*snicker* Just had to do that. (Poor Saturn's confused. She's so light she can float on water. Did you know that? See, now you're educated.)
Anyway.
So school started. The classes are looking okay so far, but the workload is quite obviously gonna be heavier than last year. But yeah. I'm still kinda working things out a bit, and still sorta out of it in the AF fandom, but I'll be back once I've recuperated. *nods* (Recuperation! XD)
Started reading Ptolemy's Gate. W00t! It's helping me pass the time as I await TLC.
Edit Addy: I just saw this on Mugglenet. Hilarious
Pope's senior exorcist: Harry Potter downright evil
Pope Benedict XVI's senior exorcist claims the Harry Potter books contain innumerable positive references to magic, "the satanic art."
"Behind Harry Potter hides the signature of the king of the darkness, the devil," he told Vatican Radio. And according to the Daily Mail newspaper in London, he added that the books attempt to make a false distinction between black and white magic, when in fact, the distinction "does not exist, because magic is always a turn to the devil."
All I have to say is... he's an exorcist - what did you expect him to say?
Posted by Emerson on Sep 5th
Another Addy: This article is hilarious. Please note that you'll need a NYT account. PLUTO PWNS!!! XD http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/23/opinion/23kreider.html?ex=1157601600&en=7422d7cdf4a541a7&ei=5070

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home